Latest News & Events
Check out our latest newsletter!
CATHOLIC CAMPAIGN APPEAL
Thank you to all families for their contribution to the Archbishop's Annual Catholic Appeal. The Our Lady of Lourdes School raised $565.00 which was sent to the Archbishop's Office.
INTERNATIONAL DAY OF PEACE
A Prayer for Peace
O God, Sustainer of deep and lasting peace,
Your call leads us into harmony with all creation.
Quieten our hearts, lessen our longings,
ease our addictions,
That we might find the path of true peace
And so, create a sustainable future for all people.
We pray in the name of Jesus, the Peace-Maker,
who lives and reigns with you in the unity of the Holy Spirit,
One God, forever and ever. Amen.
What books are you going to read over the holidays? I have a huge pile waiting for me! Why don't you try downloading a book from the Brisbane Catholic Education Digital Library? Some of the new titles available are shown below:
To access the Brisbane Catholic Education Digital Library, please follow the instructions below:
1. Download the 'overdrive' app.
2. Create an Adobe ID: It is not necessary to sign up for an overdrive account however you will need to create an adobe ID. You will be prompted to do this and to 'authorise your device' before borrowing your first book. (Adobe Ids can only be created by persons over the age of 13 so a parent or guardian will need to do this).
3. Link up to the BCE Digital Library: Open the overdrive app. In the 'add a library bar' search for 'Our Lady of Lourdes'. Once you have selected our school, the BCE digital library will appear. Click on the BCE Digital Library option and you will be directed to the home page. From here you can browse the collection.
4. Borrowing an ebook or audiobook: Once you have selected a book you will be prompted to sign in. This is when you will need your child's log in details. Most students from Year 3 upwards will know their computer user name and this is their 'Library Card Number'.
5. Reading your ebook: The ebook can be read straight away in your browser or you can download it for reading at another time (for example on a car journey when you may not have internet connection).
6. The students are allowed to borrow up to 3 books at a time.
Please contact me on email@example.com if you have any problems or if you require your child's 'Library Card Number'.
P&F NEWS & INFORMATION
Thank you - OLOL Gala
Thanks to those children who have already nominated to perform at the Gala Concert. Please note the school band, choir, guitar group will be performing on the evening.
A very big thank you to the ladies who cooked the hot chips.
For families who have children in year 3 and older you will be interested in the details for the Sacramental Program for 2015. There will be specific details on the Parish website following 21st September 2014. I would encourage you to visit this website soon after that date. The program for next year will be slightly different, starting with an interview this year.
OLOL’s VERY OWN APP (SKOOLBAG)
Info/communication found quickly and easily.
Make sure you’re a wise owl and have it
downloaded on your phone or tablet.
Help us reach 600 downloads!
This week there were some problems finding the app in the Apple store if you were trying to download it. This problem was with Apple and it has now been rectified so you should have no problem finding it. Thank you for your patience, please try again, it will be worthwhile for you. Please see the newsletter for downloading instructions.
No smart phone??
If you do not have a smart phone, you can choose to receive any alerts that we send out, by email instead. Go to skoolbag communication centre at the bottom of the page. Click “subscribe for email” and then you will be registered to receive any reminders by email. Of course you can access all the content from this centre as well. Forms and documents can be printed from this also through your printer.