School Shop Info
Useful Forms & Downloads
Active School Travel
(refer to newsletter for details)
OLOL Cross Country (Practice)
Hot Chip Day
Cross Country Years 2-6
Last Day Term 1
Term 2 Begins - 8.30am
ANZAC Day Public Holiday
Labour Day Public Holiday
School Tour 9.30am
School Tour 9.00am
||Wednesday, Thursday, Friday
||Tuesday & Thursday
||Wednesdays 8am til 9am approx.
||Fridays 1.15pm - 1.45pm
|Welcome to our website......
Our Lady of Lourdes Primary School prides itself on the spirit that can be found in our students, teachers, sporting teams, achievements, friendships and approach to learning. We are a co-educational school with a current enrolment of 500 students from Prep through to Year 6. Our school offers the latest in teaching and learning, technology, extra curricular activity, and the benefits of being a high quality inclusive Catholic school. We offer our students a rounded education that supports personal growth based on Christian values. We encourage students to develop a knowledge of other cultures, languages and environmental and social issues.
If you are thinking of Our Lady of Lourdes for your child's primary schooling, we invite you to contact us or come on one of our regular school tours. Dates are advised via this website. To register for the next tour, please phone 3345 0700 or email email@example.com.
Latest News & Events Check out our latest newsletter!
During Lent, we are asked to think of others and provide support however we can. Once again, Our Lady of Lourdes School will be raising money for Project Compassion. The rest of the Project Compassion activities happening at OLOL School this year are listed below.
PREP - Thank you to all Prep families that participated in Fish Friday. Our reason for holding 'Fish Friday' was to take up the Catholic tradition of foregoing meat on Fridays during Lent. We went one step further and held a Fish Friday event by giving students the opportunity to catch a (paper) fish. Prep students were asked to bring in a gold coin donation that went towards Caritas Australia's annual Lenten fundraising awareness-raising appeal.
The children enjoyed knowing that they have helped support someone in need in our world
- YEAR 2 - The Theme of Caritas this Lent is Love Your Neighbour. With this in mind, Year 2 has decided to sell a visual representation of this idea. We are selling red lollipop hearts on Monday 27 March and for Tuesday and Thursday if anybody forgets and we have more supplies available. Class teachers will collect the GOLD COIN and send Year 2 teachers a list of how many they require in their classroom each day. Children can purchase more than one if they wish. Many thanks from the Grade 2 teachers and students.
- YEAR 4 - In support of our neighbours, Year 4 has initiated the 'ART HEALS' fund-raising activity. It promotes key learning in both Religion and History, where students are able to experience the healing and meditative benefits of art, as well as gain a deeper understanding of aboriginal artistic traditions. The money raised will help the Kinchela Boys Home Aboriginal Corporation and offer survivors of former Stolen Generations (like Uncle Richard), the chance to heal after a childhood of suffering, as well as manage the intergenerational effects of their pain. To participate, all Year Four students are asked to bring along a gold coin donation. This will buy a dot art outline, to which they can apply traditional aboriginal dot art techniques. Ultimately the outlines will decorate the Year 4 building entrance, during the Lenten journey towards Easter.
ANZAC DAY 2017
ANZAC Day in 2017 will fall in the second week back from the Easter holiday break. The school will be participating in a couple of ANZAC Day events. They are:
- Year 6 students will travel with their teachers and Mr Badke to ANZAC Square in Brisbane City to participate in the Schools ANZAC Day Commemoration. They will travel by a free QR train on the morning of Monday 24 April. They will return to school by a free QR train at the completion of the ceremony
- School Assembly – At 2:00 pm on Monday 24 April the school will hold an ANZAC Day Assembly. It will be hosted by our Senior Classes. Everyone is welcome to attend this important event.
- ANZAC DAY March – Tuesday 25 April. This annual event begins on the corner of Station Road and Turton Street, Sunnybank. Participants are asked to muster from 7:30 am. The March begins promptly at 8:00 and moves along Station Road to Lister Street and finally into Gager Street where the Sunnybank RSL Sub-Branch Memorial is located. The March is not onerous and is completed shortly after 8:00 am. Mr Badke will be marching and asks that parents stay with their child and participate in the march (which is more a gentle amble) to the Memorial. Parents are asked to take their children when we reach the Memorial. A ceremony begins at 8:30 am and families are welcome to stay and participate or to leave after the March. Mr Badke has some small Australian flags to give to the first 30 students to wave as they march. You could also bring along a flag for your child. Students are asked to wear their Day School Uniform and hat. If you and your child will be attending please let Mr Badke know by sending him an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
CROSS COUNTRY HOUSE CAPTAINS
Mackillop: Nick G, Leah D,
Lourdes: Luke F, Cady S
Hegerty: Rhone P, Mackensie P
2018 enrolments are being accepted now – please apply here. Enrolment enquiries can be made to Debbie, Enrolments Officer
Our Lady of Lourdes
Prep to Year 6
TOURS OF THE SCHOOL
We are a friendly, inclusive environment for boys and girls from Prep to Year 6 where everyone is welcomed, nurtured and encouraged to grow and meet their full potential.
We form part of an active and supportive Parish Community and families are encouraged to be involved. Our Lady of Lourdes Community embraces and celebrates Catholic beliefs, traditions and values.
A tour of the school will be held on Monday 8th May 2017 at 9.30am and Tuesday 6th June at 9.00am.
The duration is approximately 45 minutes. Please register your attendance by calling the Enrolments Officer, Debbie on 3345 0700 or emailing email@example.com. Please click here to access the Enrolment forms and policy.